View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 08:04 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I spoke incorrectly when I said it wasn't intentional. You guys are correct in pointing out how it's the same guy getting caught multiple times on days when nobody else is getting caught. So it's obvious that he pushes the envelope. I should have said that I don't feel like he's trying to cheat but that he's trying to walk right up to the line and occasionally, he steps over it. What it makes me think of is how many times he comes right up to the line, within inches (or picograms) of crossing it but gets away with it and ends up winning a major race. His successes keep owners sending their horses to him. I mean just look at Maximum Security, for example. They weren't interested in going to someone with a reputation for being clean. They wanted one that wouldn't get caught. His record will keep them coming and the risks are worth the reward when the penalties are so light. Honestly, why should he stop doing what he's doing?

You guys ask and answer your own questions. He obviously doesn't care but I wouldn't say he's negligent because that implies he's not aware. I think he's completely aware and complicit.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine