View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 05:07 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsixfarms View Post
It is absolutely incredible how few members of the racing media have even acknowledged this story.
I think that's because of how few people care enough about it to read it. The article says that she had 27 picograms. A picogram is one trillionth of a gram. That's .000000000001 of a gram of substance. Who really cares? If this was reported after her Acorn or Test wins, it might, MIGHT get a little more of a reaction but I doubt it. That they say this violation occurred in a loss, again, who really cares? I don't think any reasonable person believe that small amount affected her performance. I understand that the flip side of that argument is that if it doesn't do anything, why do it? I don't believe that it was intentional. Not with that miniscule amount. I think these two comments from Baffert's attorney make perfect sense:

"Importantly, the veterinarian followed established medical and regulatory guidelines in administering the medication. The withdrawal guidelines published by the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission recommend that the medication not be given within 14 days of a race. In this instance, as an additional layer of protection, Gamine’s veterinarian last treated her with betamethasone 18 days before the Oaks."

And

"Trainers and veterinarians must be able to rely on guidelines given them by racing officials. If they are told by regulators that a medication will clear a horses system in 14 days, they must be able to rely on that information.”
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine