View Single Post
Old 05-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Hialeah Park

Battle of Midway cost me ( and others ) a heavy tri & a $2 super.

Didn't have that horse anywhere NEAR my tickets, was one of my first tosses in fact.

Props to Jon Kinchen for putting listeners onto Limosuine Liberal. Would not have had him on as many tickets as i did w/o JK touting him.

My younger brother Dave got a lesson in turf races when he was laughing at me for most of the Woodford Reserve, as I needed Divisidero on many of the wagers I was linked into. I told him to let me know funny it is after they crossed the wire. All he could muster up was a $hit eatin' grin as my cousin and I were going ballistic after the 2 horse exploded in the stretch. An hour and 15 minutes later we were CRACKING UP at my brother because he picked the 2 horse, Thunder Snow.

I am with NTamm in thinking the O-W-D p3 came up a tad light. We were hoping for more than we got back, spending $80 on a $2 base ticket.

Looking to roll some of the winnings over into Pimlico, which somehow never seems to work out for me. I don't agree with a few on here and Twitter that think this race is a 2 horse race. It's a contentious field, imo. I wasn't too big of a fan of Pletcher's hand going into the Derby, as I thought a hot pace could hurt the chances of his only real shot of winning, in Always Dreaming. But as someone who backed Gunnevera, you couldnt watch the stretch drive replay of the FLA Derby and not be impressed somewhat with AD's finish. That was the sole reason I threw him on some/most tickets.

I would've loved to see that race run on a dry track, but it is what it is. I'm just glad that I didnt bet on Thunder Snow.

Hi Ho Pimlico!
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel

Last edited by declansharbor : 05-11-2017 at 07:04 AM. Reason: I TOTALLY botched Limosuine Liberal (holy $hit lol)