Thread: NBA Playoffs
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:25 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
If that's how you see it. I recall saying how he's been disappointing and hasn't come close to reaching expectations. I think there are reasons for some of his actions and behaviors but I don't think that's the same as excuses. Sometimes, I think that we as normal people, expect others to act and do things in a normal way when sometimes, the reality is that they've never lived a normal life. That's not making an excuse and yes, there are others that go through situations similar to theirs that handle things better. But everyone isn't the same. Jordan never had to go through a lot of the stuff James does now. The media was very different then and exposure was nowhere near what it is now. Guys like Kobe and LeBron face far more scrutiny than Jordan did. While Jordan was getting cut from the varsity, LeBron was on the cover of Sports Illustrated. While Jordan was considering colleges, Bryant was taking the singer Brandy to his prom with news cameras following. I would like to sit here and say how I would do things or how someone else should do things but I just think that without living in that reality, I don't think it's fair to say how I would have done it.

Anyway, if that's defending him in your eyes, I can't stop you from feeling that way.
And I can't stop you from being an apologist. I also can't stop you from blindly defending the guys you have a habit of blindly defending. It's weird, before the series you talked about how your 2 favorite players were Lebron and Dirk.

Not a word about Dirk out of you since the series has been over, but a hell of a lot of Lebron defending. Wonder why.

Poor Lebron, he was born with a gift and he's had attention on him because of it. I really feel for him.