View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 11:49 AM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELA
Obviously, we all understand the dynamic of a BB. We have a great forum here and a host that is looking to maintain a standard of behavior and decorum -- and not only should Steve be doing that, but I feel he is doing a great job. I know if several BB's and I enjoy this one the most because of the dynamic, the people, and many other reasons. With the exception of Oracle/Mike, I don't know any of the other people mentioned; and I've met Mike a handful of times at the track, spoke with him in person a couple of times, and that's about it. Simply put, eveyrone is who they are -- you may like them or not. They may land with you a certain way and that will cause you to react a certain way. I think we all know that's life.

So, without question, it is Steve's perogative and duty to suspend, ban, whatever, any members who he feels are infringing upon the standards he is looking to maintain. And, of course, not everyone will agree with him. It's a totally different issue as to whether or not it is appropriate to question him in a public forum or in some other fashion. Personally, I don't think it is. If I had that much of an interest or concern, I would e-mail him and discuss it in private.

In addition, I don't think an incident like this should be used as an opportunity to open the door to or start other attacks. My opinion is that if you don't like someone, their opinions, comments, etc. -- and you don't want to comment in a civil fashion or the like -- simply move on to the next thread.

Eric
Eric, if you ever decide to run for elected office let me know so I can vote for you
Well said.