View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 05:30 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
I agree. The Titans are a slightly better Eagles. Might as well be Eagles South.
With how the games are shaking out this year, that would be a testament to the league as a whole. You have as keen an eye as anyone for the game, what makes this year's quality of play stand out over year's past. I can't put a finger on it, but top to bottom, week in and week out, it seems like we're watching a watered-down version of the game. Time for contraction maybe? I wouldn't call them crazy if they seriously consider a move like this.

It seems like the days of the cinch are over, at least for this year. Teams are playing at the ultimate ends of the spectrum with no consistency WHATSOEVER this year. One week they look like runaway champions, and the next they get locked in a battle with the Carolina Panthers of the world. I would guess and say that bookies are raking it in hand over fist this year. Does anyone have data on that?

Someone wake me when the Atlanta Falcons arent in the top 3 of the NFC, please. They are the barometer to me. When a team like that is considered one of the best of it's Conference, you just know that things aren't looking up for the league.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel