View Single Post
Old 04-06-2013, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44 View Post
Nice ride by Krigger IMO.
Goldencents is just a damn good horse.

Anyone who thinks otherwise should bother watching the replay of the Delta Jackpot.

http://www1.drf.com/displayVideo.do?...=D&country=USA

He carves out real fractions on the lead... pay attention to Mylute (the eventual 2nd place finisher of the Louisiana Derby) ... Mylute was a long way dead last, and he makes an Arazi look move on the far turn, and Goldencents gets away from him in the stretch.

Mylute might be a hanger, he had Revolutionary all but put away in the Louisiana Derby, but let him off of the hook in deep stretch. But Goldencents hung up another good horse in the stretch today.

It'smyluckyday, a big speed figure horse, was nowhere with a clear wide trip in that Delta Jackpot, and he came back and won two stakes at Gulfstream before finishing 2nd as the 8/5 favorite in the Florida Derby last week.

In terms of style and ability ... Goldencents looks a whole lot like I'll Have Another going into the Derby last year. The only difference, I'll Have Another proved he could be taken back and fire in Louisville when he was forced into those tactics for the first time.

The pace dynamics are a lot different in this Derby, there's no Trinniberg and Bodemiester ... but there's usually one horse every year who responds very favorably to the change in tactics, while a lot of others completely bomb.

Goldencents, like I'll Have Another last year, goes into the Derby with a wildcard look.