View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Aqueduct

Capt. Candy Man is not money in the bank. He was outclassed in his last race but take a look back at the Hutch. Those horses came back to run up the track in their next races. Beating Hello Broadway and Break Water Edison might have deserved kudos in November but not in a slow paced 7f race at Gulfstream in February.

Taqurab will go to the front and get the lead and might be tough to catch. Not For Silver ran against a speed favoring Laurel track and cutting back might be a good thing for him. I think Capt Candy Man is more hype than anything and is the type of horse you want to take a chance against.
I might include him in my pick 4 but it will be a defensive play.

The Excelsior does not have a clear cut favorite any one of four could win the race. The Wood looks like a Gotham II which the top two placing horses switching final positions. The Carter has the favorites as the speed and this race looks like there will be a pace meltdown. Tale of Ekati, Kodiak Kowboy, or even Ah Day could close to win.

This ALL stakes pick 4 has potential to pay a pretty penny if things break right.