View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 11:26 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFIAN View Post
CAL
Serviceberry ( Amelanchier spp.) are large shrubs or single- or multi-stemmed small trees. They are used as specimen and key plants in landscapes as well as in group plantings as borders, backdrops and screens. Serviceberry provides year-round interest in white spring flowers, yellow to red fall foliage, smooth gray bark, and edible purple fruit.
Serviceberry | UMN Extension

MY DAD WAS A PRIVATE DETECTIVE ��️*♂️

KILLED BY MAN RUNNING STOP SIGN �� ��
Yes ma'am, I read about a paragraph about the Serviceberry plants. I've never seen so many words in one paragraph that I had no clue of the meaning. Obviously, meant for persons far more acquainted with Botany than I, but I did find it interesting that Serviceberry plants had about a half a dozen other names and among them Saskatoon. I knew that to be the name of a town in either Alaska or Canada and sounded like it might be Native American in origin which led to another internet search which revealed it to be in Alberta and to have come from a Cree word for the Serviceberry plant.

I have entirely too much time on my hands.

Sorry, about your Dad. I was once T-boned by an old guy running a stop sign. I wasn't hurt. I was driving a used Cadillac which was a very heavy almost tank like car. Probably saved me from serious injury. Force of the impact which struck my car in the rear side panel turned my car in the opposite direction to that I had been travelling and broke the rear axle of my car.

Last edited by cal828 : 02-02-2023 at 11:41 AM.