View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 09:58 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post

Let me know what you think. I'm curious to see what RBElvis thinks as well. We usually see eye to eye on tv.
This one has been in the works for a while (in fact, James Gandolfini was originally tagged to play John Turturro's role as the kid's lawyer) and did not disappoint. It's only slated for 8 episodes (hence the summer fill) so was looking forward to a short lived mini-series without having to add another one to the DVR.

I've seen a ton of these long form crime dramas lately and have to say, the ones that rope you in from the pilot tend to really hold up. This one is no exception (Bloodline on Netflix is an example of the polar opposite - great premise, great acting - but for fuks sake - the first 4 hours could have been accomplished in 2...still worth watching though, the 2nd season is sick)

A lot of promise - looking forward week 2...

As an aside, I have refused to watch the last 2 episodes of Banshee because I cannot stand the reality of that being over.

Watching Geno Segers (Chayton Littlefield) doing USAA insurance commercials is a soul crusher...