View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 07:01 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
Alright, let's forget about horses from the past. Zenyatta is running in grade I after grade I. She has now won 8 grade I's in a row. She is obviously based in California. She already flew back to Oaklawn this year. She's going to fly to Churchill for the BC Classic later this year. How many trips back east should she make this year? How many times should she take on the boys?

I could see why people were skeptical last year before the BC Classic. I personally was not skeptical of her ability but I could see why others were. People said that she hadn't beaten the boys. People said that she never travels. People said that she doesn't run on the dirt. Then she beats the boys in the BC Classic and then she travels to Oaklawn and wins on the dirt. And yet it sill isn't enough. It's never enough. Even after she does what her detractors wanted her to do, the detractors are still knocking her. It's absurd.
Oh stop it. That "Grade I" BS is a misleading argument and you know it. She's running in restricted races in her backyard against the same dreck over and over and people like you cry about us not being satisfied with that. She's so goddamn great, she should be able to ship more than twice a year, she should be able to face boys more than once a year. Hell, make her a quarter horse for a race or two, just do something different for once. She's accomplishing nothing but extending a meaningless winning streak and we'll never know how good she truly was because they refuse to break new ground with her.