View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 07:04 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
The ride was horrendous; whoever that was took a page out of Kent Desormeaux's book.

The horse's main weapon is his speed (and his ability to carry it over a distance). That genius throttled the horse down entering the backstretch and spent the first half mile looking around for Mandaloun. Then, inexplicably, after dispensing with the frontrunner and establishing first run, he doesn't try and break the race open but rather sits and waits like a sitting duck around the far turn, all the while again looking around multiple times for Mandaloun.

I guess his genius strategy was to let Mandaloun catch up to him and needlessly float his own horse out to engage the heavy favorite in some sort of scripted Pay-Per-View matchup. If he had just kicked on from the get-go, might never had been headed, whip or not...
I was there and bet Weyburn. He looked super in the paddock. The horse on the lead was coming out of sprints and I don't think they wanted to get into a duel with a no chance rat that was going to come back to them. Mandaloun was not tightened up that was his B race anyways the good stuff will be inserted for Haskel