View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honu View Post
Im not ranting, Im just pointing out the obvious.....Those are just the one's off the top of my head. If you think pro athletes dont down 800mlg of Advil and use over the counter blocks and injections before competeting and I would say the number is close to about 80 % of them DO....you havent played sports. It hurts to compete at a pro level even if you dont suffer a major injury during a game you are damn sure going to be sore the next day and if its a game day Im sure they are taking more than Advil.
I think racing can do away with all medications 72 hours out and there wont be a large impact, but to do away with a drug that by all scientific study is proven to be preventitive in helping horses not cause damage to their lungs is just beyond simply stupid.
Ever notice the number of horses that come here to run in the breeders cup from across the pond that use Lasix? Ever ask yourself why they use it ? they use it because they know it prevents bleeding. Over there they work on it but they know it has to be out of the horses system for the race. Just like Dubai, you can work on Lasix up until about 10 days from racing, then you have to go old school by withdrawing grain, hay and water. So which is more humane?
80%, I doubt that number. Even if true, it isn't 99%, and if someone isn't sore and takes it I don't think it makes them play better.

I've said many times why I think Lasix is given to horses shipping over...competitive edge. The ones that don't use it are fools, and it has nothing to do with health, but speed.