View Single Post
Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 PM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calzone Lord View Post
Vic,

I didn't want to be the person to tell you this. But circumstances being what they are and me having some free time at the moment... I will go ahead.

There's something called a Gaussian function that when graphed produces a bell-shaped curve. Studies show that in any type of population, the majority fall within a fairly narrow distribution of the middle -- or AVG -- which we will call normal. But there are a few who fall outside of that zone, which we will call abnormal. Bell curves are sometimes associated with height, weight, intelligence, sex appeal, income etc.

There is also a Bell curve for likability. Most people are in the middle. They are likable enough. There are a very few on one end of the curve that some would call charismatic and popular. Mostly everyone likes them and people will willingly over-promote and exaggerate their skills. They are just fun to be around. And then there are people like you, which are well to the opposite of that spectrum. You are universally disliked. In your entire life, I suspect, you have found the sh!t end of the stick in terms of your interactions with other human beings.

Society used to put people like you under bridges. Most present-day people like you are employed by the DMV.

Dogs are a fairly good detecter of normal. I suspect that dogs growl at you or generally hide when you come around. Even man's best friend wants nothing to do with you.

Unfortunately, there is no cure for your situation. In other words, there is absolutely nothing you can do to make people like you. If you started handing out $100 bills to everyone you met, I guarantee that 99% of them would tell the next person they saw that they got $100 from the biggest assh@le they've ever met. It isn't your fault. You were born "boorish", irritating and pathetic. It is who you are. It is hard-coded in your DNA. You are what you are.

Unfortunately, there is no solution. At the very least, you could attempt a serious personality overhaul.

Personally, I love being hated -- but for me, it often takes remarkable effort to earn peoples disdain and disrespect.

Did you do a good job with Rosario? Absolutely. Unfortunately for you, he didn't need your help anymore. He became too big to want you associated in any way as an attachment.

I suppose you could get a life coach and a therapist to try and help you with your problem -- but -- at the end of the day, likability reprograming just doesn't exist.
And another thing. I understand Gaussian is pissed cuz his horse got claimed. If he leaves the Lakers though it'll be a bigger mistake than Rosario going east!