View Single Post
Old 12-10-2014, 12:22 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
This is extremely bizarre to still say. It's as if you haven't watched a second of any major since 2009. There's enough evidence by now that he's not remotely the same player he used to be in any realm: physical, mental, emotional. When he doesn't completely stink up the joint and miss the cut at a major, he quietly fades away on the weekend. He unravels one way or another every single time. The more pressure the better? That's rich. Keep clinging to that old Tiger nostalgia.
I have seen every major since 2009 (except for a few British Opens). Tiger has obviously not played nearly as well the last 5 years. But he had a lot of stuff happening. He had outside distractions, he had injuries, and he made some swing changes which were not good. I always thought it was just a matter of him getting healthy and going back to his old swing.

Even though he hasn't had his "A game" the last few years, he's still done some good things. I think he won 5 times in 2012. In addition, I think he would have had a great chance at winning the Masters last year if it weren't for that incredible fluke of his ball ricocheting off the flagstick into the water.

In terms of me saying he loves pressure, I'm talking about when his game is on. When he is playing near his best and he has his "A game or B+ game", the more pressure there is, the better he will play. That is how he has always been. When he or any athlete is playing lousy, they're not going to play better under pressure.

With Tiger, I am making the assumption that he will get at least his "B+ game" back. I don't see any reason why he won't. Sure he is older and has some physical issues, but I don't think his physical issues are bad enough to stop him from playing great golf again. There are guys much older than him that have had pretty serious injuries and these guys are still winning.

Anyway, I could be totally wrong. He may never win again for all I know. But if I had to bet, I think he has plenty more good golf left in him. He is still hungry too, which is obviously very important, because it takes hard work to come back from a slump. I predict he will win plenty more majors.

I'm not a Tiger fan either. I am a fan of his talent but I have never rooted for him because he is always the favorite and I'm usually rooting for an underdog. I'm just giving you guys my opinion. There is no wishful thinking on my part. I could care less if he ever wins again.

Are you predicting he never wins another major?

Last edited by Rupert Pupkin : 12-10-2014 at 12:40 AM.