View Single Post
Old 09-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonGuido View Post
Actually if AP was really the AP we knew before he could have drawn anything and won. I still have to give Victor some of the blame for panicking and urging AP too prematurely when Frosted eye balled him. Victor's thinking "wow, we're getting pressed not real, what do I do, never seen this" panic sets in and he helps get AP out of his realm. All that said it wouldn't have mattered, or he just was not the AP we all know well that day.

Let's get over it and move on or you can all continue this futile analysis for an other week and prove nothing. Go for it or not.
I still don't understand how victor did anything wrong. Was he supposed to let frosted go by him?

Pharaoh broke well, went to the lead and settled. He got pressed by a multiple stake winning horse and victor asked his horse to keep up and then asked him for all he had in the stretch. The dynamics of the race are beyond his control. It's not like he had a five length lead on the far turn and started scrubbing with no one around him.

Maybe it was the pace, maybe it was the ships and maybe it was the track. Maybe it was just the way the race shaped up. But it wasn't the jock.