Thread: NHL Marketing
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Go see a game in person it makes a big difference. Hockey translates the worst of all major sports on TV. If you enjoyed it on TV you will be blown away by the live product.

it is so great live. been going since i was a kid. i was 7 when the caps started.
my husband had no idea about hockey. we didn't have him watch it on tv, we took him to a game. he's been hooked now for almost 30 years. it is far and away the best thing to see live-football on the other hand is best watched on tv. i settle for watching hockey on tv. no matter where they put the cameras, they can't get the whole rink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casp0555 View Post
I just want to add that I have never been a hockey fan or watched games on TV.....but I did watch the Cup games when my freakin cable (comcast sucks) was working, I missed game 4. My son and I watched game 3 on the road travelling, nice bonding moment . Now I must admit, I wished it would have gone to Game 7 so I could have watched just one more game before it was over.....I think the NHL just gained a new fan, me......not sure if I will ever be a one team supporter but I will be a fan......and like horse racing, all the comments and opinions I read here help me to pay attention and learn a little each time I watched a game. I cant wait until next season starts!
welcome to the club! where i live now, hockey fans are very few and far between. when someone says 'i don't get the rules' i tell them, give me two minutes and i can explain it all.

as for becoming a new fan of something..i've actually watched a bit of the nba finals, hoping for golden state to win. but, the squeaking shoes drive me NUTS.