View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 08:47 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
At this point, I wouldn't be shocked if anti-DQ folks suddenly find video "proving" War of Will killed Kennedy.

I'm reminded of the song "Cell Block Tango" from the musical 'Chicago.' "He ran into my knife. He ran into my knife ten times..." It's a weird framing that some are trying to do to make Maximum Security the victim somehow. Blaming War of Will or Tyler is just unfair. I don't see how they weren't denied an impressive run. Whether it would've won, who can say when they're trying to get that 10th furlong, but you can't help but watch WoW and get excited for what he's attempting to do...until he isn't and because of MS.

I don't expect the length of Saez's suspension to stick if Maragh was able to negotiate down his Belmont days (and I still think his move was purposeful), but I was surprised we hadn't heard of something til now.
:Leader in the Clubhouse for Derby Trail Line of Year. Does his suspension even matter since he isn't a regular rider at Churchill Downs? Am I not reading this correctly...