View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie View Post
Yeah, Al Sears provides a lot of good information, I never disputed that.

What's his take on cholesterol though?
Al Sears on cholesterol:

"Today I want to tell you something important about your cholesterol.

Drug companies want you to believe “high” cholesterol is dangerous. And that it can cause severe damage to your heart.

But what they don’t want you to know is that there’s absolutely no scientifically proven correlation between total cholesterol levels and the likelihood you’ll develop heart disease.

They don’t want you to know this because drug companies make money by convincing you that you need their drugs to help “cure” your high cholesterol… or a myriad of other ailments such as depression, anxiety and high blood pressure.

But these drugs aren’t the cures they’re made out to be. They’re just treatments that cover up the symptoms. And many times people have to stay on them for the rest of their lives.

When it comes to cholesterol, the truth is as long as your HDL (good cholesterol) is high enough, you have little if any risk of heart disease. And potentially no need for assistance from prescription meds.

The Framingham Heart Study has been ongoing since the 1940s. It’s considered the most reliable data on heart disease because it has no interference from drug companies.

It’s proven over the last 60 years that high levels of HDLs are directly related to a lower risk of heart disease.

Not only that, but it’s showed that raising HDL can reduce coronary disease regardless of LDL cholesterol.1 That’s because HDL removes plaque from your arteries. And it’s plaque buildup that really causes heart disease and heart attacks – not cholesterol.

In fact, if you want to beat heart disease without drugs, here are five ways to raise your HDL levels naturally:

1. Niacin. Niacin has been found to raise HDL levels by as much as 24 percent. The best food sources of niacin are liver, chicken, beef, avocados, tomatoes and nuts. As always, stick with grass-fed beef, free-range chicken and organic produce and nuts. Or you can supplement. I recommend taking 500 mg of “sustained release” niacin a day.

2. Restore omega-3s to your diet. Wild-caught fish, grass-fed beef, free-range, organic poultry, nuts, olives, eggs and avocados are all rich in “good” fats. And cod liver oil – the best omega-3 supplement – will boost your HDL levels naturally.

3. Eat more protein, fewer carbohydrates. Replacing carbs with healthy proteins will lower your triglycerides and raise your HDL. The best protein sources are nuts, eggs, free-range poultry, grass-fed beef and wild-caught salmon.

4. Challenge your heart with high-intensity, short-duration, progressively challenging exercises. For example, these types of workouts, like my PACE program, boosts reserve capacity in your heart – critical for avoiding heart attacks – and raises HDL.

5. Enjoy a good brew. Drinking a beer a day decreases cholesterol levels, increases antioxidants and reduces levels of fibrinogen, a clot-producing protein.

I’m telling how to raise your HDL because you deserve to know there are real alternatives to modern medicine practices. I want you to be empowered to make choices based on fact, not on information from commercials and media reports.

And I’m not alone. My colleagues at Natural Health Dossier are among the few who dare to speak the truth about the man-made causes of chronic disease and the many natural ways to prevent and cure them. They publish Natural Health Dossier which is full of advice on:

how to turn your blood cells into a disease-cleansing army;
the tell-tale signs that you're developing diabetes and how to reverse your fate;
why you'll never have to worry about Alzheimer's and other memory problems;
how you can reduce your prostate problems...
Today Natural Health Dossier is offering you FREE reports on some of the most controversial issues in the medical community. To get your free copies, click here.

To Your Good Health,

Al Sears, MD"