View Single Post
Old 12-06-2006, 03:37 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
I hear ya but don't you at least try to play to the track's strengths if you have the animal to do it? Honestly, if guys don't then at some point you begin to wonder just how much they want to win and then you veer off into crazy-paranoid-horseplayerland where you begin to actually believe guys are cheating. Then you stop paying attention and betting and find somewhere else to play where at least you believe things are on the level.

Unfortunately, in this game as much as anywhere, perception is very close to reality.
No, I think your perception IS reality.
I know you and many others think I'm nuts to like tracks like the Finger lakes and Fair Grounds, but I truly see guys ride out their mounts all the time and hustle.
I just think on a day like today when they know they can't pass anyone, that often they all just grab(when guys like you and I are screaming why don't they send?!!!!) and try and suck up late in the race.
Its why I didn't play Friday after one race I played, and why I didn't play today.
I just hate speed biased days in NY. I can't tell you the whole why or how, but our jocks don't ride like they do in Cali and other places. We just never seem to get speed duels even when it looks as if there just has to be one.
One guys always gets loose and the other speeds grab and follow the leader.
I see it all the time and its just impossible for me to play when its like that.
At least in Cali if there is a bias, a whole bunch of guys know it and send like hell to the lead and give you a duel. Not in NY, never.
I think these jocks are far too cozy with one another in Ny, I really do. They seem reluctant to duel with each other.