Thread: Perfect Drift
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Formerly 'moodwalker'

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Doesn't seem to me like Bold Brooklynite was really being critical. He called the horse "gallant" after all. I love Perfect Drift but he does tend to slow it down a little when he makes the lead. He still ran a hell of a race today though. A very nice second. To the person who said they had all their $ on PD to win I say, that is crazy. This horse always runs strong races, but he usually finishes 2nd or 3rd. Even if you don't usually place/show bet, this horse is BEGGING for across-the-board bets, especially when he is sent off at 10/1.
It wasn't a bet I made with my head, I am fully aware that Perfect Drift has a hard time getting to the winner's circle.

I had a bad day at the windows, and I just took what I had left and said "to hell with it, I'm betting this guy to win again."

I have bet him to win almost every time he has entered the gate. Never cashed a place or show bet on him, and never will.

Just one of those sentimental ones......it was only $40.00 and a double going into the last.