Thread: Covid Shots
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2021, 09:03 PM
Hawthorne

Interesting stuff in this thread and I thank Cal for starting it.

Here's my story. First, I "pre-registered" with the State of NJ. At first I thought that was a worthless effort but then I finally was able to make a vaccination appointment through my local hospital. (I have a "My Chart" online account with this hospital and unsolicited they sent me an email with a link to a webpage where I could make an appointment to be vaccinated. The first date available was April 11th so I grabbed it.)

About a week later I get a call from my older brother. A lady who works for him was able to sign-up everyone in his office (12 people) and his wife on February 4th at a NJ State Megasite (a ShopRite Supermarket). So I call the same place but I'm too late - no vaccination appointments are available. I spoke to the woman who made the appointments for my brother's office later on - it took her 137 tries before she got through on the phone and was able to make appointments for everyone.

Anyway, I may have gotten a break. My brother's daughter was looking online last Friday night when she found out the Philadelphia Veterans Hospital had vaccine appointments available the next morning for veterans. She signed up my brother and he got his first shot (of 2) on Saturday morning.

So now he is giving me his appointment set for February 4th at the ShopRite Supermarket. I am going with my sister-in-law and have no idea if my brother's appointment is transferable. But I do qualify to be vaccinated in NJ because I am over 65.

One thing is for sure. I won't cancel my April 11th flu shot appointment until I am fully vaccinated.

And one thing I will say and if it's political, I don't care. What the heck were our government officials doing for the last year besides preparing for a smooth rollout of a vaccine? I mean there are only so many times you can say wear a mask or stay 6 feet away.