View Single Post
Old 10-18-2006, 04:38 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Joel you speak to trainers and jocks as well, I'm sure you have heard plenty negative about it, off the record of course.
Its funny you say that....my experience has been that the bad trainers (from a percentage standpoint) love it and the good trainers (won't mention names) hate it...and that is based on a PRETTY SIZABLE sample...that is the one pattern I have seen, and the OBVIOUS reason that pattern exists is because the bad trainers now have the equalizer over the good trainers because nobody knows which horses will run on it or not - so the bad trainers have a chance now....

The sad thing is that all of the good trainers are miffed by it....they don't understand why their horses don't like it because a couple fo them (who are VERY well-known guys) have told me that they are completely confused because they're horses work brilliantly on it and then they flop when they actually run on it in a race....AND BELIEVE ME when I say that these two or three guys KNOW when their horses are ready to fire and are some of the best trainers in the country IMO.....

Its a damn shame, man....