View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
it's not a bong, i just happened to grab a pen & a large bottle of pain pills in the same hand! (but i did note a few posters 'blowing smoke' in Crist's direction!) oooooooooooohhhh

[on top of my regular cardiovascular compromising (2 open heart surg...) genetic disease (and some/most here would say mentally "special"), i just got hit head-on in my chest by a mini van at high speeds while waiting for a red light.]
Rather than wonder how the hell i'm alive , i'd prefer to log on the internet under an alias, and project my jealous insecurities onto one of the classiest pros in this business. Any questions?

Ok that was weird. delete?

I didn't think my response was that cryptic

"The Woodward, a far better indicator of genuine quality than races on experimental surfaces where championship form is highly suspect..."
- Crist

There simply wasn't a better race in North America than the Classic last year. Championship form couldn't have held up better in the race. 3 of world's best thoroughbreds ran their best race of the year. How great is that?

"Experimental" actually applies to Dubai's surface, as we haven't run on it yet. However for 6Million on a surface that most of the world's best horses can handle, we should expect one of the best DWCs in years.

The field for the woodward has 1 true Grade1 horse in Rachel, and the rest are uninspiring older division runners. No world's best in here to battle rachel. [please nobody find a race listed as grade1 that one of these pigs won, that isn't what i mean].

Honestly the Woodward isn't an alternative to the Classic or Dubai, so i don't really know why it is being compared, other than for HOY voting...

finally, yes the Travers was worse. After the fact it is pretty easy to acknowledge. None of the good horses besides Summer Bird got the distance and we saw an uncontested race. Kensei looked like a pumped up star miler, but he wasn't born to win the Travers. Nobody with a clue is really arguing that the Travers is better, at least not after the fact.

ok i have a date with a noisy MRI
I think you posted on the wrong site... Did you meant to post here
http://www.sympathy.com/