View Single Post
Old 09-18-2014, 07:43 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
He grabbed a quarter, pretty nastily from the picture I saw, but it's not like I spend my day looking at grabbed quarters. Maybe they look worse than they are. What foot injury beyond that? It takes 3.5 months to get back from grabbing a quarter? One prep in 5 months because of that? Usually we see this kind of break when the horse has something wrong with them or is stamped 'fragile,' but doesn't seem like there was anything. It's just weird and I don't like it. I guess leave it to Art to get the job done, but still... bothersome.
not sure how long it takes for that part.
I do know that the horse took his first break ever after the Belmont, with a fair amount of racing beforehand. 13 starts so far, which is more than many horses accomplish thru their entire career-and all those by mid june at 3. I'm not going to question a break after the racing he's done. I remember they almost skipped the santa anita derby because he didn't need it, and they wanted to give him a bit of a break. they changed their mind and ran him. the horse had a very busy early 2014. just glad he's still racing. after slew lost the swaps, he didn't run again all year.