View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 08:37 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
He won as an underlay.
maybe a little, but I knew once I saw his PPs and the rest of the field's, that he'd be nowhere close to the 8-1ML odds given to him. In all seriousness I tweeted that I thought he'd be about 5-1.

The one thing I will say watching the replay-
as big of a race as Albano ran, Intense Holiday was boxed in by Vicar's in Trouble the whole race going into the final turn. Smith had to wait for Rosie to make a move on Vicar before he could move Intense Holiday. I think Intense Holiday could've won this a lot easier if he didn't have to wait.

Also... crazy, but I'd like to see Gold Hawk get one more chance. He was positioned well, and had 2 chances to put in a closing run. But on the first chance he was in tight when Vicar closed to the outside of him (granted if the horse had some killer instinct he could've bulled through easy). Then when he tried to uncork his run again, Intense Holiday came in on him a little. He wasn't gonna beat the top 2, but I think if he had a slightly cleaner chance at the top of the stretch he could've ran with Vicar.

Just saying he might be eligible for improvement with a slightly cleaner trip at the top of the stretch and some maturity.
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...