View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 04:08 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Frederick View Post
She was in the barn for 4 months while the 3 year old filly season was in full gear, was she not? The CCA Oaks and Alabama are more important races in terms of deciding a division title than the Las Virgenes and SA Oaks.

Maybe Beholder would have still won, I was against Princess of Sylmar yesterday because they weren't really aiming for that race. It was almost an afterthought, whereas Beholder had seemingly been aiming at it since May.

I just think it would be a (nother) bad precedent to award a horse an award for one day, while ignoring that she is 1-1 heads up against the horse who had a huge lead based on accomplishments going into the race.

The real Princess of Sylmar didn't show up yesterday. That isn't Beholder's fault, but I can't imagine any sane person thinks that beholder is 16 lengths better than Princess of Sylmar.
I don't disagree about the 1 day opinion but I do disagree about her 'being in the barn'. She is a California based horse for a trainer that rarely ships, and ran all the races in her backyard, like Sylmar did.

And I don't disagree about yesterday being a toss out for Sylmar based on the exact thing you said in terms of them not pointing to the race and to a lesser extent the track.

I don't have an opinion on who would win, but if I was voting, I would vote for Beholder.