View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by -BT- View Post
isn't Gomez going through his "personal issues" out there in the west?
what i'm saying steve, is i'm wondering how/why bigger riders even below the cusp riders at bigger circuits aren't taking advantage of these purses by locking down mounts.
didn't think i would see the day where the likes of arnoldo bocachica and luca panici would have back to back mounts in grade 1 events

-bt-
I hear you about the Bocachicas, Nunezes, Gallardos and Panicis, but they're giving away $1,000,000 in NY and NJ too Saturday. At Belmont, the Suburban is worth $350k, Dwyer $200k and then the rest of the card another $500k. At Monmouth, the United Nations is worth $500k, the Salvator Mile $150k and the rest of the card maybe $300k. Who among Rosario, Castellano, Velazquez, Prado, Bravo, Lopez, Trujillo should abandon their mounts to ride in Summit on horses they've likely never ridden? And if you look closely at the PP's, you'll see that Saez and Lezcano have glommed a number of rides. I also wouldn't think the trainers would want to penalize their everyday jocks by taking away their chance at stakes paydays. When Summit got more horses shipping in for the day, you would get the regular big names to come and ride them. And Santana, Saez and Lezcano are doing that Saturday. Plus the others like Willie that are in for one or two rides.