View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 02:27 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
Appears everyone got a free pass yesterday.. I guess something happened with their server so 75 remain verses the 59 there should be.

Here is the email that we all got:

"Fans,
Thank you for playing ShowVivor. Unfortunately, there was an error that didn't turn off the contest in time today. Several players made selections after the cut off time.

Therefore, we are declaring today a "no contest." All contestants will go on to tomorrow, Sunday, March 17 without receiving credit for the day.

We realize that you work very hard to make your daily selections, and we apologize for this issue.

DON'T FORGET TO MAKE YOUR PICK FOR TOMORROW (SUNDAY, MARCH 17). YOU CAN DO THAT NOW: http://www.santaanita.com/content/showvivor

Good luck,
Andrew Arthur
"

I would think most get through today with a few short fields that seem pretty safe. I of course hope to be one of them

I am going with R3) #6 Fast N Furious Cat
That's pretty annoying. There would probably have been fewer than 59 live players if SA hadn't screwed up. A number of the 59 who supposedly made it through were certainly among those who picked late. So they should have been among the losers.

It's not the first time that's happened in Showvivor, either. You'd think that at a minimum, picks would be time-stamped so that an adminstrator could after-the-fact go back and eliminate players who made late picks.

I'm guessing the late picks were made by players whose horses ran out of the money in the first race, who then switched picks. When it gets down to under 100 players, it would be unusual for a player to forget to pick before the first race's posttime.

Anyway, good luck this week, Arletta. It's still great to be among the final 75.

--Dunbar