Thread: bcs games
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
Here's one article on UConn's Fiesta Bowl's experience

http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/R...wl-1038914.php

I'm sure Northern Illinois will have the same experience. Hey maybe the Notre Dame and Alabama fans could make a vacation out of it and help out by buying tickets from Northern Illinois.

Price gouging for these bowl games doesn't help for anybody either, fan or school.
like i said:

"the university foresees residual benefits from the Huskies playing in the Fiesta Bowl, from recruiting, admissions, ticket sales and donations, Enright said.

The blow from the money lost on the Fiesta Bowl will be cushioned by the $3.8 million UConn will receive from the Big East, probably in late spring. Each football-playing school in the league will receive that amount as its cut from bowl and television revenue."

between exposure and their other benefits they mentioned and the cut from tv, they did just fine. and so did all the other schools in that conference, who get their share from the revenue. those shares are exactly why you have acc and others with guaranteed bcs bowl bids-it's so they get a cut whether they have a good team or not, and each school in that conference gets a portion.

i wonder if all the money that the big east receives is paid out in full to the schools. if not, what do they do with whatever share they keep?