View Single Post
Old 05-22-2012, 12:00 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
But I guess it's ok to take the law into your own hands and murder a person just because you are pissed that he is kicking the **** out of you in a fist fight? This is a case of two men both "standing their ground." Trayvon felt as threatened or more so than Z; after all, he wasn't armed. Z had the ace of trumps up his sleeve, and he played it.

I believe he beats Murder 2, but is found guilty of a lesser charge.
Unless the prosecution has an ace up their sleeve, I think it would be hard to find 12 jurors to find him guilty. I think you will probably get a hung jury. It seems very unlikely that you're going to get 12 people to agree either way (guilty or not guilty).

Based on the evidence we have right now, it seems like about half of us would find him guilty and half would find him not guilty. I think that is what the polls show too. If you get a jury that is representative of the general public, it will probably be a hung jury.

You never know for sure what is going to happen. The prosecution could have some more evidence that we haven't seen yet. And even if they don't, you still never know for sure what a jury is going to decide. We have had some strange decisions by juries over the years such as the Casey Anthony verdict and cases like that.