View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 03:39 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
A defensive corps that lost their captain and arguably best player in Pronger, yes.
Bryz is a streaky goalie, we all know that. I didn't hear a peep from his detractors during the two lengthy streaks he went on in which he looked phenomenal. Yes, he has a propensity to let in some softies, but let's not forget that the defense was doing him NO favors for most of his poor stretch.

I'm more confident in my goalie this year than I have been in the past 5 years combined. Kudos to Laviolette for sticking with him. It'll pay off, not having to play musical netminders.
they lost pronger 8 games into the season.... and timmonen and mezjaros were only dinged up recently. the guy has been inconsitent all season. i would be shocked if flyer fans would be overly thrilled to have this guy on the hook for that kind of money for the next 9 years after what he's shown so far this season. Let's not also forget that they pretty much bankrolled their franchise to get him, ala trade carter and richards.
i'm sure you are confident about 'tending this season, you went from used datsuns to a late model honda civic this year... that would seem like a step up to almost anyone.

-bt-