View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
when i said about kiboshing your own stuff, i was talking about him and his admin asking the judge to back off on dadt-something he's supposed to be for getting rid of.
Yes, I understood that. I am not happy with that, as I've said before.

Quote:
i know it's just more game-playing now, and both parties trying to score points, while trying to show how haaard they're all working-it's all just a show
I agree, all sides play alot of games.

I am, however, fed up with the game the Tea Party House caucus is playing with the debt ceiling, blanketly saying "no" (although some members may be waivering over into logic and responsibility today)

Quote:
The Treasury Department is now using the final extraordinary measure available to the agency to delay the need to default, the department announced on Friday.

The government reached its debt limit on May 16, but it has taken measures since then to keep the Treasury under its statutory debt limit as lawmakers work on a deal to raise the debt ceiling in exchange for major spending cuts. The government is expected to exhaust those measures on Aug. 2.

“Today, as previously announced, the Treasury Department will suspend reinvestment of the Exchange Stabilization Fund, the last of the measures available to keep the nation under the statutory debt limit," Jeffrey Goldstein, under-secretary for Domestic Finance, said in a statement.

"In order to prevent a default on the nation’s obligations, Congress must enact a timely increase of the debt ceiling.”

Here are the other measures the Treasury has taken so far, according to the agency:

Those measures, in order taken, are (1) suspending issuance of State and Local Government Series (SLGS) Treasury securities; (2) declaring a “debt issuance suspension period” of the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund (CSRDF); and (3) suspending reinvestment of the Government Securities Investment Fund (G Fund).
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts