View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
then why was the house version of the appropriations bill, which is higher than fiscal '11, 9 billion LESS than obama's request??
We are talking about what Obama said at his press conference today. Not previous Republican budget proposals coming out of the House. Obama has nothing to do with creating the opposing party's appropriations bills.

Quote:
but then, if you're happy with someone who is trying to put the kibosh on something he is supposedly in favor of (dadt) then i guess he doesn't have to make any sense at all where you're concerned.
Huh? Excuse me? Sense? You are trying to compare what Obama said today to a previous GOP appropriations bill! That's beyond absurd.

I'm not as black and white as you appear to be. I said I was happy with Obama, and yes, indeed, I am. Will definitely vote for him again 2012 at this point. I have also clearly said here previously that I am not happy with everything he's done, including some of the DADT. But DADT is passed, isn't it? That's the first step to implementation. Any chance of that under McCain-Palin? Never in a million years.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts