View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 09:39 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bababooyee
You have to compare apples to apples. If I recall correctly, in terms of handle, Keeneland's fall meet has been on a decline since '03 or '04 (too short on time to look it up, right now). So, unless Calder and Fresno had similar trends (ie decline starting in 03 or 04 then a sudden boost in 06), such a comparison would be meaningless...if we're truly trying to be objective, that is, which is not always the case here.

The Lexington Herald compares each day's handle against the same day last year, but I haven't seen a meet-to-date vs prior meet-to-date comparison. And I don't have the time or inclination to pull all the numbers and do the math!
I'm sorry but thats illogical statistically.
You haveto factor in the trends in racing as well as a whole. Lots of tracks had declines in 03 and 04.
Its much more accurate to compare it to the trends with all tracks especially since simulcast money comes in form all over the world and is far greater than on track hanlde at ANY track. The local ecomony of a racetrack area is not a significant factor when comparing all sources handle.
How do you ignore the trends at other tracks when making a comparison?