View Single Post
Old 12-25-2010, 08:35 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJ View Post
I think Sidney's Candy gets some serious pressure in the Sir Beaufort, and I see the race melting down a bit late. Bogie looks like the best closer, and looks like the horse to key in there as I don't really see all the hype in Sidney's Candy off of 1 good turf race where he set a reasonable pace on that quirky Del Mar turf course against a bunch of tomato cans.

I think in the Malibu it's strictly between Caracortado, Noble's Promise, and Smiling Tiger, the three big time proven dirt horses in the race. I'll let the others beat me, especially if they are short prices.
You have to believe that Talamo is gonna have Blue Panis right up on the front end with Sidneys Candy. I think Gomez and Lep will have their mounts towards the rear. This may be a bit of a stretch in my thinking, but I think if Espinoza can have Nextdoorneighbor sitting just a couple lengths behind the dueling frontrunners, he can get first jump and may still have enough to hold off the late closers. Of course, Bejerano will most likely be in the same position with Indian Firewater. They are both making their first turf starts and should be pretty decent prices.

Nextdoorneighbor, Indian Firewater and Bogie (huge jock switch) would be the 3 I use.