Thread: AFC South
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
The Jags played well enough against the Texans on the ridiculous batted ball Hail Mary TD game.

They played well against the Colts in the home game that Scobee hit a 75 yd FG to win it.

Other than that they've been pummeled by Philly at home, San Diego on the road, Tennessee at home, and Kansas City on the road (with Todd Bouman playing QB).

The Texans have let way too many games slip away and have no defense, like DrugS said. However, there was a sign of a pulse at their game yesterday. It came in the person of Andre Johnson pounding Cortland Finnegan, which was probably something dozens of WRs in the NFL have been dying to do for years.

The Colts were garbage last night and I guess Dallas Clark and Joseph Addai are not necessarily returning very soon. Their running game is non-existent and they're getting uncharacteristically bad play from some old reliables like Wayne and Garcon.

The division could be won with a 9-7 record and whomever loses the AFC East or AFC North would promptly dismantle that division winner in the 1st round of the playoffs. On a side note, I'm going to Vegas in two weeks and the future odds for the NFL are really interesting. I know we've seen this play out before, but 18-1 on the Chargers to win the AFC is a little bit appealing. If I want to torture myself through the month of January with Norv and Phillip Rivers leading the sinking ship I might throw a few bucks on them.
I would jump all over that and I am a die hard Colts Fan and live in Jacksonville. I can't stand Phillip Rivers, but 18-1 is WAY too juicy on this team cause they always come charginglate in the season.