Thread: College Hoops
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678 View Post
i got you and 75% of the people agree with you on this game from what i see

vegas sets a number where they can get action on both sides

the line actually has dropped from 21 to 19 , indicating to me the books are trying to get more MD $$$ on this game to balance their books

looks like to me some of the bigger bets were made on seattle at +21

again , maybe local knowledge , maybe nothing?
False. They set lines where they think they can make the most money. If it's balanced, great. They took a shot with Seattle, dropping the line despite the obvious public money, against an overrated Maryland team and lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678 View Post
i like watching college bb , i don't like college bb betting if that makes sense

i think it's the hardest sport to beat , i think a bettor has a better chance in bases , nfl , college football , nba and hockey

to me , i think there are few people that win at any sports betting , and i am willing to bet that college basketball has fewer winners than the other sports i listed , and i am willing to guess that any bookmaker in the country will love taking action every night from anyone (not just joey) who plays double digit favorites every night
I think it's the easiest sport to beat, and has the most "professional" players. Two main reasons: (1) HUGE slates of games. It's much easier to pass on any specific game for a better opportunity. (2) Focus- one can select leagues or teams to track performance on whereas Vegas has so many games to worry about there's a much better chance that your numbers/analysis are better than theirs (which is virtually impossible to do in the NFL.)