View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:13 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMugg View Post
Actually, if you count QR and Z, about eleven of the entries had wins on the dirt. I guess many of them had success on synth as well. But hey, we know it's impossible to be good on both. Essentially, AB dismissed Z for RVW and TO.
I thought he was dismissing all horses going from dirt to synthetic last year .. I don't know though, I don't follow other peoples angles that closely.

I also thought Beyer had a decent Breeders Cup with picks he made in his column last year - I remember a bunch of threads being started about it on other boards.

I hate handicapping races on boards because you always have to listen to somebody's crap. He dismissed a 5/2 favorite for two Euro's - big deal.

I didn't dismiss Zenyatta in the race - though off her form.. with no bias shown to her trainers tendency of getting horses to peak on the big day when he's kid gloving them along ... she absolutely should have been dismissed.. even against that vomitious field of horses relative to past Classic fields, in her back yard, on her surface.