View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I mean, you seemed to very "matter of factly" believe that Super Saver would win if he gets the rail, right?

The Derby is beginning to look like an aberration and winning it is always going to get Super Saver a lot of support at the windows. However, you have to believe he's going to rebound immensely in his 2nd start off a layoff to win this race and the price you're going to get on him doing that is just not worth it IMO.

NT
Yes, maybe. I think his last 2 starts have cooled his appeal quite abit, plus he has a bad post. I'm hoping these 2 factors plus the belief that many believe the derby was aberation will offset the blind appeal of betting a derby winner. You may have a point, but he does have alot of questions to answer this race. I also think there are going to be quite a few wiseguy choices in this race, he should be a square price.

As for the rail, I can see him up on the pace but Borel just slotting himself behind the speed horses, I love horses that run an awful line and handicappers concentrating on that last race. I think he will run well this Saturday and if Borel can get him to the first turn just off the leaders and no more than 3 wide he should be able to slot him inside once they make the turn. If Pletch has him ready he should be in a prime sit and pounce position.