Thread: farve please..
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Flemington

I don't think it puts that much pressure on the defense. The Bills kept winning the AFC Championship game every year and they'd lose the time of possession battle huge every game.

Here's Sanders final year in college - it's widely regarded as the single greatest year ever by a college football player. I think pretty much everyone but me considers it that anyway....

Quote:
1. Barry Sanders, Oklahoma State (1988)

The only serious question when composing this list was "Who's No. 2?" Sanders season was the only college football player's campaign to rank in ESPN.com's "End of the Century" list covering all sports. Rattle this off next time your bar buddies say someone's having a great season:

# Sanders rushed for 2,628 yards, an NCAA record.

# He had 3,249 total yards, an NCAA record.

# Sanders scored 39 TDs (37 rushing, 1 kick return, 1 punt return), an NCAA record.

# He averaged 7.6 yards per carry.

# He rushed for 300+ yards in four games.

That was during the 11-game regular season. In the Holiday Bowl against Wyoming, he ran for 222 yards and 5 TDs. In three quarters. He sat out the fourth, as OSU won 62-14.
Oklahoma State finished the year ranked #11 in the country. They lost to only Nebraska and Oklahoma.