View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Got back very late this morning after Tina and I stopped on Long Island to have dinner with Gary and Jo Sciacca. Really fun afternoon with a good turnout of Dee Tee partners and several ATR listeners who made the most of the Philly Park 'experience'.

Not a great end to KICKIN'S 2009, 12 race campaign, but as noted above, she was a little short going in. The plan with her is always to rally from off the pace, and the speed didn't come back at all anyway. I thought that KNS gave a hint pre-race that she wasn't entirely ready for the day when she was easy, literally, for TC and Co. to saddle.

The positive out of the start was that Tony said she was getting a good hold of the track and wasn't bothered by the dirt in her face. He told me he gave her far too much to do and the little rally she put in helps him know her better for the run back in a couple weeks.

I thought TARGET PRACTICE ran a big race for Chuck and Paul in the 5th and he came back prancing on his toes and clearly proud of himself. He's undoubtedly close to a maiden win after that effort, and fits well as part of the 8 Simon horses stabled at PHA. (What some people may not realize is that to get the stalls at Philly, you need to have a string of different kinds of runners that help fill races for racing secretary Sal Sinatra who received 4,000 stall applications for the 1,400 available this winter.)

Was great fun visiting Pat Cummings in the crow's nest as he subs this week for Keith Jones. Thanks to Pat, who has a superb voice and delivery, for accomodating about 15 in the booth! (Photo coming). And of course thanks to Chuck and TC for getting it all together to have runners centrally located in Philly for easy partner access!

More in a year end summary Email to partners, but thanks to everyone for coming out Monday to conclude another great year for Dee Tee. The new year should get off to a quick start as LLOYDOBLER looks to kick 2010 off right with a tentative debut January 7 at Aqueduct, and as Chuck suggests, KNS back at PHA January 8! MISSUS MAYFLOWER and REDBOARD KING are progressing towards bows in Florida. Later in the year, there are 6 new 2yo's to introduce yet and our New York bred Hook and Ladder filly will be in NY in May. Lots to look forward to as we begin our 4th (!) year!
That's a matter of perspective. Philly is not the center of the country.