View Single Post
Old 12-16-2009, 07:17 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716
Too many logistics for the connections. If you were an owner or a trainer I would think you would want to be there if your horse was running for a 5 million dollar purse. You wouldn't be able to do that if you had one running in the mile at Belmont and the other in the classic at Churchill.
I would prefer to go back to the one day format and just rotate the tracks. But as long as they rotate them, I could live with the two days.
it's not too many logistics. and if it boosted ratings and handle, it would be a good thing. trainers have asst trainers, you already have owners with large outfits who can't be everywhere a horse is running. besides, if you had one in the classic, it would be an easy choice! if you had a rotation of churchill and belmont, and then churchill/cali track, belmon/cali track, each would have the bc two of three years. big days at more than one track would have to mean huge crowds at both, with big handle. having one day wouldn't split the handle, thus lowering it. a two hour telecast rather than four.

adapt and survive, don't adapt and go extinct.