View Single Post
Old 12-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Pat's and Geno's, which are both very ordinary, are on Passyunk in South Philly on the southern end of the wonderful Italian Market. If anyone is around Saturday and are going to go into Center City, then I'd highly suggest TONY LUKE'S on Oregon Ave. near the Sports Complex. It is far better than Pat's, Geno's or even the OK Jim's. In addition to the cheesesteak, the sandwich to have at Tony Luke's is the Italian Pork. Thin-sliced, melt-in-your-mouth pork lion cradled by peppery broccoli rabe and melting provolone. It is perhaps the best regional sandwich anywhere in the country. Tony Luke's is closed Sundays...

I called on Woodhaven Foods in North East Philly, where PHA is, and there is a very good Italian deli/sandwich joint called, appropriately, DATILLO'S. It is off Roosevelt below Woodhaven Blvd. It is a local legend.

I'll provide more info along these lines over the next day or so. In addition to doing business in Philly, I was an Eagles season ticket holder for 14 years. I've eaten about everywhere in town.
Your description of that Italian Pork sandwich has me salivating like Pavlov's Dog.