View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:26 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemoncrush
Anyone want to guess what kind of ridiculous odds Nicanor goes off at? A full field of 12 might actually spread the money around a little more, but he'll still be incredibly overbet. Wonder if they're still considering scratching him and running him in the turf MSW race a week later?
I agree, the money will be spread out a bit, but I could see Nicanor going off at even money, probably lower. This horse has an incredible following. I don't even know what to think about it. You see some posts on blogs elsewhere, message boards, people saying they are driving to Gulfstream from NC to see him, and put some money on him. Wacky stuff. They are doing a piece on him on the CBS Evening News tonight. Quite the craze and expectations.

I have no idea what will come of him, but I hope they do well with him. I'm more tuned into the betting aspect of racing, but even I would admit, if this colt does well, this is the kind of story racing could use right about now.

Between the whole cloud of injuries and death on the track hanging above the last year or so, the terrible economy, the success of this horse would be uplifting to the sport in a major way.