View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Well, the main reason is because Republicans always want to give the rich a tax break. When Clinton was in, we weren't in debt like this. Bush came in and had that tax break for the rich. We've been going further n further n' debt ever since. They would rather borrow money from China than tax C.E.O. types to get it. This 700 billion they are gunna use to bail out bad loans should come from where? Borrow it from China? Tax you and me? How about they tax the damn people that made out like bandits while this bad lending was going on. People like that scumbag from Lehman bros. that took 250 mil out of that company before it went under. We don't have the will to tax people who can easily pay it. Simple as that. We aren't gunna agree about what should be cut, but I think it's pretty obvious we need to raise money as well. They should tax the top 10% highest earners from 1 to 10 % more taxes in a graduated way(I don't think Honu is in that bunch, but she is excluded if she is,) and do away with the tax cut for whoever Obama says he wants to give it to. Then make these fkn Iraqis pay us back for getting rid of the a-hole they should of never allowed in. Make them pay us back(in oil money) for every damn penny we have been out trying to civilize those savages. I think it was a mistake to try to democratize savages, but Geedubb had his mind made up. Lets start getting our money back. Give us oil back, or money. Why do they think we should rebuild their country for free? Should get half back at least.

Well, somebody did nominate me for SEC. OF STATE. How is that, Kev?

I can agree with alot you say ,Scuds , and I say WOW!
The problem I have with taxing the highest earners is , they are usually providing the most commerce, jobs, small business and putting alot of their money into the economy . 250k is not alot for a small buisness to earn it doesnt even buy half a house around here , so I cant really see taxing buisness that earn only that much , just doesnt seem in the best intrests of everyone involved , it just invites more tax loopholes and all that stuff.
I agreee the Iraqi's should help with the cost rebuilding their country, and I will always believe that if nations want to be free , and I truly believe the Iraqi'a expected a diffirent outcome than all this , that we have an obligation to try and help them IF they are willing to help themselves.
I feel us as an American people , are smarter and more willing to make the best of a bad situtation than most countries around the world, we are crafty Americans.
We can overcome most things , we have more determination than most people around the world and we have proved it time and time again.
We should start our government reform by re-calling some loans and stop sending money to countries who dont like us ( ill let you make your own list) , we should have some peeps look up the asses of all these government programs , you and I know they are blowin our money.
I just read on-line about the first state funded health-welfare program in the United States going plthhhhh because people who already have insurance for their children thru their jobs or what not dropped their insurance to sign up for State funded insurance and it broke the bank. So now the people who really needed are are less fortunate and the one's who didnt need it screwed it up.
That is the problem I see with Gov. bought insurance and really I wish one of the candidates would have said hey , I wanna go after the drug companies and see what their costs really are , I wanna see the records of Doctors who bill Insurance companies for things that may or may have not been needed , I wanna see where all this money goes that people put in every year . If there is gonna be some Gov. involvement let it be on the side of the consumer.

Horses are like strawberries....they can go bad overnight. Charlie Whittingham