View Single Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortimer
On topic.

Andrew had that call in radio show about 3 years ago.I forgot what it was called. Maybe it wasn't on the radio.It may not have even been a show.

Well it was something.

Anyways---The Care-Lah dared me to call it...and gave me the number.

So I dialed the number.

I had never done that before.

Not dialed a number.

Called a radio show.

Now...I expected to be put on hold and be forced to listen to an idiot recording for about 3 hours;telling me how they know my time is important and someone will be with me shortly.

But noooooOOOOOO. My call was taken by a live person after 2 rings!!

She said I would be the next on air caller in like 5 seconds!!

I went beserk!

What do I do? What do I say? I don't even know who I am!!

Really...I figured I'd lay out my plan of attack while waiting for hours on hold. So there I was....fed to the lions with not even a slingshot.

So the other guy took my call and asked what question I had.

Now this is how stupid I am......I deepened my voice as low as I could so no one could recognize it.

No one had ever heard my voice!!

God.

Keep in mind the show was bout Andrews picks at The Belmonts that day.

So I told the guy I had a question on Andrews picks...so he gave me to him. Andy knew who I was because I gave the girl a hi sign password.
Again...not having any notes...I asked him who he liked in The Thistleydowns 4th race today.

So the other guy immediately says something like...I guess that takes care of this caller....and he hung up on me!

Yet another time in space where the Good Lord knew Andy was there for me.

I laughed... (Quietly to myself because I'm on the air, but I laughed. A lot.)