This isn't really news here. It was brought out 2 weeks ago in the thread about Porter and Jones allegedly splitting up...
http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/sho...ghlight=Porter
Jones told me he wouldn't be taking on 2 year olds next year as he began cutting back.
http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/sho...740#post423740
Hegarty puts it this way in the DRF piece:
Jones considering retirement, owners say
By Matt Hegarty
Trainer Larry Jones has told his clients that he does not intend to take on any more horses and is considering retiring from training, two owners who have horses with the trainer said on Tuesday.
http://www.drf.com/news/article/98438.html
Ron Mitchell's version with Jones elaborating on his feelings, plan...
Trainer Jones to Retire by End of 2009
by Ron Mitchell
Trainer Larry Jones, who earlier this year saddled the winner of the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) and the following day had a filly finish second in the Kentucky Derby (gr. I), said he plans to retire by the end of 2009.
“It is just time to quit,” Jones said Sept. 23. “We have been very blessed. We have reached a level that 25 years ago I never knew we could ever reach, in the caliber of horses we have and the races we won. I had the best year of my career this year. Lots of very good things have happened and lots of bad things have happened.”
http://news.bloodhorse.com/article/47197.htm