View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 02:51 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
that move back really isn't a move back because of the surface switch. Analyzing her TG sheet is pretty simple if you ask me. You have a horse that was a great purchase for 20k given that she has barely improved for a trainer that hasn't done alot. KNS is a turf router, and she finally got to do that at Churchill, which was her top, and then sent to River to break her maiden. She has alot of room for improve, which you dont find in 20k claimers very often. That improvement is up to the horse, because the crew is doing all they can to get her ready to go. With a good performance tomorrow, she will fit amazingly into the condition books of places like Churchill and Arlington where they run many high level claimers on the lawn.
This was more of a general point than specific to KNS. I kind of rushed my previous post regarding 2nd lasix. To me, if a horse jumps up 1st Lasix, I would be a bit wary of him next time, and if a horse does not improve 1st Lasix, I would leave open the possibility that he will improve 2nd Lasix. Not stone cold rules, just general ideas to add to the check-list of handicapping principles.

I agree with you about KNS, and I find it very interesting how her previous figs, even for the other trainer, fit so well here with the $50,000 claimers (which is one of the reasons why this was a sharp purchase).