View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 02:24 PM
The Curragh

Where has mmsc not abided to the rules, which we apparently abide by ourselves?

I understand that there is a big difference between the people who naturally care about the equine species. The animals that give us the opportunity to bet at all.

I started this thread because she is/was a horse i really liked and cared about. I'm sure everybody has their favourites and yes, she was one of mine. It might just so happen that others on here might really like a horse that i have no interest on. If the same misfortune was to happen to that particular animal, would i post anything in the thread that could cause upset to the topic starter? Ofcourse i wouldn't.

Is this stopping you having an opinion of your own? No, it isn't. If a family member was to die and someone was to write "she was a great mother......" what would it look like if someone came on and posted "i'm sorry, but she certainly wasn't great". Now, i know this will get the response "well, c'mon NoChance she was JUST a horse"....... ya know what, yeah she was a horse, a horse who i really liked. Was she as good as i was hoping she could be when i first saw her? No........ but does that mean i cannot call her great without getting certain remarks.

As MMSC said, you read the thread, you obviously didn't agree, so why post? I don't mind that you don't think she was a "great" filly. You can have your own opinion, however, i do feel there was a certain nature behind some of those posts. A nature, which i didn't like.

I wouldn't care if she was a Gr1 winner or a maiden claimer. I liked her from day one. In my eyes she was great. End of.

and now we murderers because we kill time